Posts tagged "wedding themes"
Brit + Drew (September 3,2011): An Incredible Hockey Wedding, including a matrimonial faceoff
Chris sent this to me just now. It’s so cute! I love love love weddings that are unique!
- She figures the dawn of this idea came during a typical night watching Hockey Night in Canada on a Saturday, wondering aloud if “it would be cool to get married on a rink.”
- “Brittany plans special events for a living. She kicked me to the curb for a lot of events wedding-wise. It probably helped the process,” said Drew.
- As for the ceremony itself: The seven-person wedding party were all on skates, while the guests were seated in chairs adorned with rally towels and some blankets in case the guests got the chills. “We did write on our invitations, ‘Dress warm,’” said the bride. “We were prepared.”
- The wedding photos took place around the rink, including some with the groom in the penalty box.
- After photos, it was off to a local country club for the reception, where the hockey theme continued. Each member of the wedding party had a jersey with a number, and was introduced as being “from your Edmonton Oilers” or “from your Vancouver Canucks.” Brit and Drew were the captains.